Located east of Lake Sammamish and under 30 minutes from downtown Seattle, Sammamish is a city with a population of more than 50,000 living in an area approximately 18 square miles in size.
Its name was derived from two combined Native American words: “samena” and “mish,” which roughly translates to “hunter people.”
Sammamish has won multiple awards in recent years, including a spot in CNN Money’s “Best Places to Live in the US.” The city is an excellent place to start a career, raise a family, and enjoy tons of leisure activities such as shopping, dining, and outdoor recreation.
Sammamish Real Estate
Home buyers looking to relocate to Sammamish will find plenty of beautiful, well-built homes located along charming tree-lined streets throughout the city.
Some of the available options are:
- Comfortable 2-bedroom condos and apartments
- Beautiful ranch-style homes surrounded by towering hardwoods
- Spacious 5-bedroom waterfront estates that boast commanding views of the relaxing waters of Lake Sammamish
Sammamish at a glance
- Lake Sammamish State Park is the perfect place for those who love the outdoors. The 512-acre park features nearly 7,000 feet of pristine coastline, and is a great destination for fishing, trekking, swimming, camping, kayaking, and more.
- In addition to Lake Sammamish State Park, nature enthusiasts will find plenty of great parks around the city, such as Soaring Eagle Regional Park, Beaver Lake Park, Pine Lake Park, and Ebright Creek Park.
- Avid trekkers can go on a guided hike throughout the Issaquah Alps to see some truly gorgeous natural scenery with its rugged terrain, unique rock formations, and panoramic views of Lake Washington and forested areas stretching for miles.
- Golfers in Sammamish can enjoy a round of golf on two prestigious private golf clubs: Sahalee Country Club and the Plateau Club. Both courses are expertly designed, and come with first-class features and amenities.
Homes for Sale in Sammamish WA
If you want to know more about real estate options in Sammamish, contact us today.