King County is just a small part of the sprawling Evergreen State, dubbed as the mecca of the avid outdoorsman or outdoorswoman.
Here are some of the things you need to be familiar with before moving to this wondrous destination.
- Two international airports serve Washington. These are the Seattle International Airport and the Spokane International Airport.
- Traveling around King County is made easier by the ever trusty King County Metro, which operates the 214 bus, dial-a-ride-transit, and trolley routes all over the area.
- Other forms of transportation in Washington include light rail, trains, and ferries.
The climate depends on which area of Washington you’ll be relocating to.
- Western Washington enjoys an oceanic climate, characterized by cloudy days throughout the year.
- Eastern Washington, on the other hand, experiences precipitation with an average of 150 rainy days per year. It will get wet, but summers
are gorgeous in this side of the Evergreen State. Summer temperatures can rise to 90; however, winters are wet and cold.
As a new citizen of the state of Washington, you’ll have to familiarize yourself with the local government as well as important registration.
- Apply for a new driver’s license via http://dol.wa.gov
- Register your vehicle via http://Fortress.WA.gov
- Update your voter’s registration through http://WEI.SecState.WA.gov.
Other links that you might find useful:
- Fishing and hunting permit/license at http://FishHunt.DFW.WA.gov
- Tax and IRS information at http://IRS.gov
- Trash, recycling, and utility information at http://WMNorthwest.com
King County is served by the following school districts:
- Auburn School District
- Bellevue School District
- Enumclaw School District
- Federal Way School District
- Highline School District
- Issaquah School District
- Kent School District
- Lake Washington School District
- Mercer Island School District
- Northshore School District
- Renton School District
- Riverview School District
- Seattle Public Schools
- Shoreline School District
- Snoqualmie Valley School District
- Tahoma School District
- Tukwila School District